Forbes CIO Next Forbes NEW YORK – April 29, 2021 – Forbes today is unveiling its inaugural CIO Next List, which spotli
NEW YORK – April 29, 2021 – Forbes today is unveiling its inaugural CIO Next List, which spotlights 50 technology leaders who are reshaping and redefining their role in a fast-changing world. Chief Information Officers have been at the forefront of driving digital transformation initiatives during the pandemic and forging a path forward.
· “The pandemic has dramatically accelerated the pace of digital change and underlined the strategic position that CIOs now occupy at the heart of groundbreaking companies,” said Martin Giles, Senior Editor, Forbes CIO Network. “By harnessing advanced technology to achieve their goals, these forward-thinking executives are profoundly transforming the ways in which business is done.
· The 50 honorees on the list represent an emerging cohort of CIOs who have moved far beyond the traditional “keep-the-lights-and-computers-on” role of IT. They are business-minded technologists, who constantly seek better ways of serving customers. They are over-the-horizon thinkers who keep their companies at the forefront of cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and other advances. And they are inspirational leaders who build innovative and diverse teams that help boost companies’ revenues and profits.
· “Although women are still heavily underrepresented in the tech world, roughly a third of the executives on the list are female leaders,” said Giles. “There’s still a huge amount of work to be done to create more diversity in the tech industry, but hopefully these women will serve as role models for future generations.”
· Notable list makers in the inaugural ranking include Rob Alexander, Chief Information Officer, Capital One; Amy Farrow, Chief Information Officer, Lyft; Suresh Kumar, Global Chief Technology Officer and Chief Development Officer, Walmart; Elliott Rodgers, Chief Information Officer, Ulta Beauty and Angela Yochem, Chief Transformation and Digital Officer, Novant Health.
· The launch of the inaugural CIO Next list accompanies the Forbes CIO Summit virtual event series centered around the theme, The Transformational CIO. The event is convening the world’s leading Chief Information Officers to discuss lessons they have learned as they drive digital reinvention and to showcase how game-changing CIOs and tech executives are helping to lay the foundations for a more robust future.
For more information about the CIO Next List, visit: Forbes CIO Next
To join the conversation on social, follow #ForbesCIONext
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 140 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, custom marketing programs and 32 licensed local editions in 71 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.
Christina Vega Magrini, email@example.com
Jocelyn Swift, jswift@Forbes.com