From staff reports, Des Moines Register Published 10:00 a.m. CT March 30, 2021 | Updated 10:01 a.m. CT March 30, 2021The Iowa Department o
From staff reports, Des Moines Register Published 10:00 a.m. CT March 30, 2021 | Updated 10:01 a.m. CT March 30, 2021
The Iowa Department of Public Health on Tuesday was reporting four additional COVID-19 deaths and an additional 588 confirmed cases.
The latest coronavirus numbers in Iowa
The latest data as of 10 a.m. Tuesday, compared to 10 a.m. Monday:
- Confirmed cases: 350,323, an increase of 588
- Deaths: 5,729, an increase of four
- Total tested: 1,634,670
- Total recovered: 332,440
- Statewide 14-day positivity rate: 4.7%
Story continues below.
Here’s what you need to know as Iowa starts a new phase — and marks a new milestone — in responding to the coronavirus pandemic. Des Moines Register
How many Iowans have received COVID-19 vaccinations?
With the expansion of priority groups in Iowa, more people are eligible to get COVID-19 vaccinations, including all Iowans age 65 or older —an age demographic most vulnerable to serious COVID-19 illness and death — and people in certain professions.
- Vaccine doses administered: 1,473,901
- Individuals who have received first of two doses: 346,244
- Individuals who have received full vaccination*: 583,248
Read more on COVID-19 vaccine in Iowa:
- Track the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Iowa with these graphics
- Iowa on target to open vaccines to all adults April 5, Gov. Kim Reynolds says
- For subscribers: With COVID-19 vaccines in mind, Iowa universities plan return to normal campus life
Story continues below.
How many Iowans are hospitalized with COVID-19?
Coronavirus hospitalizations in Iowa surged in mid-November, with more than 1,500 patients with COVID-19 in hospitals across the state. At that time, there were nearly 300 COVID-19 patients in intensive units. In the months since, hospitalizations have dropped and are at pre-surge levels.
- Hospitalizations: 186, down from 196
- Patients in ICU: 45, up from 44
- Patients on ventilators: 11, up from 9
* Individuals who have received their second dose of a two-dose vaccination are not included in the first dose numbers.
Read or Share this story: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2021/03/30/iowa-reports-4-new-covid-19-deaths-588-cases-tuesday/7060186002/