by Shannon Cuthrell — June 7, 2021
WRAL TechWire’s exclusive Triangle Startup Guide is continually growing with new resources for local entrepreneurs. Whether you’re looking for VC or angel funding, local coworking spaces or free networking events, the Triangle Startup Guide has all the resources you need to take your venture to the next level.
We added a line about events offered by First Flight Venture Center, a life science startup incubator in Research Triangle Park. It hosts regular lunch and learns, interactive presentations and workshops for life science entrepreneurs and innovators.
First Flight’s prototyping lab, Hangar6, also runs a monthly “Talking Shop” series interviewing local entrepreneurs and business leaders about their paths to success.
The next Talking Shop event, presented in a hybrid/in-person format, will be held on June 8 onsite at Hangar6.
You can stay updated through First Flight’s Eventbrite page.
Other recent additions:
- In the Accelerators and Mentorship Programs section, we added Duke University’s Summer Blockchain Innovation Program. Organized by the Duke Pratt School of Engineering, Duke Innovation and Entrepreneurship, HackDuke and Rev, this new program offers an opportunity for students to build, test and launch their innovative blockchain solutions.
- In the Competitions, Grants & Other Funding section, we added the Carolina Challenge Summer Immersion program, which recently launched out of UNC Chapel Hill’s Entrepreneurship Center. An offshoot of the annual Carolina Challenge competition, the summer program will provide networking, workshops, coaching and up to $2,000 in funding per team to help student entrepreneurs to continue their journey of building their ventures.
- In the Inspiration, Advice and More Resources section, we added a link to NC State Entrepreneurship’s YouTube channel, where you’ll find pitches and interviews featuring student founders, 101-style videos on topics like market research and networking, and overviews of startup programs and other resources for innovators on campus.
- We also added We Get Real AF (WeGRAF), a weekly podcast hosted by two Triangle women: Susanne Robinson and Vanessa Alava. We Get Real AF, which stands for Women and Girls in Emerging Tech, XR, AI and Futurism, spotlights emerging trends in science and technology and interviews the women powering them.
- In the COVID-19 Resources section, we added a line for the current set of lifted restrictions issued by North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper. The governor recently announced he would relax the outdoor mask mandate and mass gathering restrictions, so we added links to the executive order and frequently asked questions about the new rules.
- On the Accelerators and Mentorship Programs page, we added the Velocity Creative Accelerator, a 10-week business development program offered by Winston-Salem’s Center for Creative Economy. Though the accelerator is held in the Triad, it isn’t limited to local startups. The cohort will operate in a hybrid format beginning in late July.