July 9 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch f
July 9 (Reuters) – The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE said they were developing a version of the coronavirus vaccine that targets Delta, a highly contagious variant that has spread to nearly 100 countries. The companies expect to begin clinical trials of the vaccine in August. https://nyti.ms/3xutmv2
– Under fire for approving a questionable drug for all Alzheimer’s patients, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration greatly narrowed its previous recommendation for the usage of Biogen Inc’s drug Aduhelm and is now suggesting that only those with mild memory or thinking problems should receive it. https://nyti.ms/3hPIrRg
– Toyota Motor Corp said it would stop donating to Republicans who disputed the 2020 U.S. presidential vote. https://nyti.ms/3jVs7B7
– Fidji Simo, the leader of Facebook Inc’s namesake app, said she was leaving the social network to become the chief executive of Instacart, the on-demand grocery start-up that is preparing to become a public company. https://nyti.ms/3yvGct4
– The United States on Thursday reached a deal with Mexico to give workers at General Motors’ Silao plant in the country the ability to vote on a collective bargaining agreement in “free and democratic conditions.” https://nyti.ms/3AJMxTD (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)