AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — VORAGO Technologies (https://voragotech.com) today announced the first product in a new line of radiation-hardened protective devices, the VC91200, a superior latch-up monitor IC. Sample evaluation kits are now available for purchase.
“Latch-up due to the effects of radiation can result in catastrophic failure of devices in extreme environments. The ability to detect and prevent latch-up before it occurs is critical to the success and longevity of missions in space. We are proud to offer a fully integrated multi-channel latch-up solution that allows our customers to monitor and protect up to four devices at once.”
– Dr. Hannah Moore, Sr. Manager, Product Management, VORAGO Technologies
Designed with VORAGO Technologies’ patented HARDSIL® Technology, the VC91200 was created as the ultimate space-grade protection device including rad-hardened registers with Triple Mode Redundancy (TMR) and Dual-Interlocked Storage Cells (DICE) on key register elements, with the ability to protect up to four devices at once with a single chip.
VORAGO’s VC91200 includes the following features and benefits:
- Latch-up current sensing of up to 4 devices
- Over-voltage detection
- Load-dump control
- Extensive configuration setting options via GPIO, UART, I2C
- Digital timer watchdog functionality
- Configurable for individual channels or universal shutdown
- Configurable timeout period